The following blog post was written before COVID-19 chaos, but I still want to share this information with all of you, even those of you who have been thrust into homeschooling as of late. I am sure some of you cannot wait for your children to go back to school. You know that homeschooling is not for you. That is okay! We all have to decide the best way to educate our children. Yet several of my own friends and family members have said things like, “It will be hard to go back to work after being home with my children for so long. I am enjoying homeschooling them.” This post is for you. And it’s for the rest of you who are already considering homeschooling in the future when your babies are old enough.
“Are you out of school today?” “Why are you out of school today?” “You must have a break from school today!” These are just a few of the comments I hear when I take my children out to run errands during “school hours.” Often, these questions start conversations with people about the simple fact we homeschool. Usually, a question that follows is: “Why do you homeschool?” Well, that’s too much to answer in a check-out line at the supermarket. It’s too long to post here as well, but I will list a few reasons why considering homeschooling is a good idea for many families.
- You can teach your children from your worldview.
- You can be a huge influence in your children’s lives.
- You can have a flexible schedule.
- You can know your children better than anyone else.
- You can give your children an excellent education.
- You can choose your children’s curriculum to fit your teaching style.
- You can give your children individual attention in difficult subjects.
- You can teach your children how to live.
- You can teach your children how to think for themselves.
- You will find in the hard work of homeschooling, your family will thrive.
These are just ten of the many reasons I would give to prompt you to consider homeschooling. As we continue to post, the moms at CSL will unpack some of the above reasons and others to help you on your journey to homeschooling as well as through it if you so choose. We also plan on offering homeschooling consulting in the future as well on our website (coming soon). We can’t wait to help you!